Monday, November 16, 2009

Crazy


"Crazy" won't even begin to describe my current life. Between attending church, taking Sulamita Bible College portraits, driving an hour to work, working a 12 hour night shift in maritime security, driving an hour back, spending a 6 hour shift fulfilling the clinical portion of my nursing studies in a locked down psychiatric facility, and finally returning home, I had effectively been without sleep for over 33 hours. It wasn't surprising that I was starting to talk to American patient's in Russian. These poor people were probably thinking I am just as much in need of a mental evaluation as them. Now, after getting seven hours of sleep, I am back to working on finishing my assignments, at a time that most of you guys are soundly asleep in your cozy beds enjoying a pleasant dream or two.

I found the above photograph in my files from this summer. Although I cannot disclose much detail about my current security assignments due to the classified nature of the information, I don't have any restrictions on posting a personal photograph so this might give you a clue as to what I do. The M4 seen in the photograph is my partner's, I don't carry my own gun because I am against taking someone's life when I wasn't the one who gave it to him or her in the first place. However, having said this, I would not hesitate to implement any method or degree of non-lethal force that is necessary to prevent an individual from harming himself or others.

~ Filipp C.

No comments: